April 17, 2008

Let's End This Thing

I don't know about you but I can't help to think into the second round with the Rangers only one win away from advancing to the Eastern Conference Semifinals. Obviously I shouldn't be since we haven't actually advanced yet but sorry I can't help it.

Tomorrow night's game is absolutely huge not because we don't want to let the Devils get one game closer, but because the Rangers need some rest before they have to play either Montreal or Pittsburgh. Those are two very good teams. They are hot right now and are playing solid hockey. Yea the Rangers went 3-0-1 against the Canadiens and 5-3-0 against the Pens, but that means nothing come playoff time. The Rangers are going to need to rest after this physical series so they can get ready for either opponent. Montreal could be done tonight and the Pens are already resting and getting ready for the next round. I personally don't care who we play because both series are going to be a challenge. First I want to make it to the next round as soon as possible, and that is what makes Game 5 so huge.

No comments: