April 13, 2008

Game 3 - First Period Thoughts

Unfortunately, due to some stupid connection problem with Comcast cable, the Rangers-Devils game is blacked out in Pennsylvania. For some reason, 3 hours away from New York City, my cable thinks I am getting a New York broadcast and I can’t watch a nationally televised game. They say they are trying to fix it but I am sure they won't. So I had to listen to the first period, so I haven't exactly seen everything that has happened. I have seen absolutely nothing to be exact. I have been watching bull riding hoping that the problem will be fixed.

The Rangers seemed to have some problems to start the game and I personally am going to say they were because of some playoff jitters playing on home ice with all that energy and noise. Unfortunately it cost us since the Devils took advantage of our mistakes and scored. After the goal, the Rangers settled down and played some quality hockey. They were able to tie the game back up and possess the puck more. Tying the game was huge. It got the fans back into the game and took away any momentum the Devils had by scoring so early.

As I said before, I have to listen to the game for now and from the sound of the radio broadcasters it sounded like Avery's penalty seemed like nonsense. Figures, since Marty gets any call he wants just by doing a little bit of acting out there, especially when it’s Avery in front. Luckily the Rangers got a call right off the faceoff so they won't have to worry about killing a powerplay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hughes, you can watch it online.

mms://a1729.l2168647534.c21686.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1729/21686/v0001/reflector:54953

Put that into into firefox/internet explorer/whatever you use and it should work fine.