April 21, 2008

The King


As the Rangers continue to wait for their second round opponent, which I will discuss later, Henrik Lundqvist has been announced as a Vezina Award Finalist for the third straight year. He has been a finalist so far in every season he has been in the NHL. Not only does it show how great of a goalie he has been, but it also shows how consistent he has been. He absolutely deserves to be a finalist but I don't think he will win the award. I personally think he should because I know that without him the Rangers are nothing this season. Henrik's great play made up for our lack of offense for the season and got us where we are right now. I feel Nabokov will win but it should be close. Imagine if Henrik's midseason problems never happened.

Tonight could be the night the first round is officially over for the Eastern Conference. The Flyers try and close out the Caps at home in Game 6 and Boston tries to continue their comeback and win Game 7 in Montreal. I would love if those two things happen tonight. That would leave the Rangers playing the Flyers in the next round. We will have to wait and see but I think the Flyers end it tonight and Montreal uses home ice to win their series.

No comments: