January 23, 2008

Remebering Brian Leetch


On the eve of #2 being raised into the rafters I thought I would look back on Brian Leetch. I am a relatively young fan only being 19 years old. I was only 6 when they won the cup but I do kind of remember it. Around that age was when I started following the Rangers and Brian Leetch was always a player I could look up as an athlete. The man was one of the best of his time and one of the best Rangers ever. You have to be able to make a good argument that he is in at least the top 10 when it comes to all-time defenseman. He worked hard day in and day out, he was a leader and a great man off the ice. Leetch along with Graves, Messier and Richter, were the guys that I first remember when I watched the Rangers. They were my favorite players and now 3/4 of them will have their number retired (hopefully Graves will join the club). I am so happy to that Leetch is getting his number retired, he deserves it. He was a player that really got me into the Rangers and was one of my childhood idols and congratulations to Mr. Leetch and I hope the night is one to remember.

News and Such
- Great news for the Rangers. Mr. IIya Kovalchuk was suspended one game so he will not be playing on Thursday. Hopefully the Rangers can take advantage of this and the Thrashers terrible play and get 2 more points before All-Star weekend.
- Lets Go Rangers and win this next game for Leetch.

2 comments:

HeartSchool Mama said...

Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Great stuff, I'll definetly visit the blog on a daily basis.

GO RANGERS!