January 24, 2008

Busy Day in the Rangers World

A lot is happening today in the Rangers world. Obviously the great Brian Leetch will have his #2 raised into the rafters, finally. But there is a mystery going on with Marek Malik. I read Rangers Report, as I usually do, and Sam Weinman said that Malik did not skate this morning. On top of that, the only thing hanging in his locker was his practice jersey and 2 pictures of his kids. Now Renney said it is an internal issue but obviously, who knows. I have tried to hold in my excitement of the possibility that Malik is gone but its not working. Getting rid of him and his salary would be so wonderful but we will see what happens.

I also read the Post today and saw an article about Jagr regarding his contract by Larry Brooks. I was talking about this issue with my friends recently. If you don't know the issue here it is, if Jagr'sdoesn't get 84 points AND the Rangers advance one round in the playoffs be becomes a free agent. Now this isn't impossible but the Rangers are going to have to play better for this to happen. I would really like to have Jagr back one more year and he even said he would like to stay in New York in the article. He has also said before that he wants to play with Sid the Kid so who knows. It is a little early to really worry about this but as the season winds down this issue will be revisited and become a big concern.

No comments: